BUTM Community Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home   Home

Go Back   BUTM Community > Artist Discussion > Mr. Show & Cast > New Fans

View Today's Active Threads
Welcome to the BUTM Community.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Post New Thread Reply

Unregistered

New Fans

And how does it feel. To be let in on the greatest thing that ever was. The greatest story ever told. ( nobody say "it feels creamy" ....even though it actually probably does)

Alot of people might hate you and call you a douche due to you being new and all. In fact there is sort of an initiation that hardcores have to put you through.....but there are some that are cool and wont. Im not one of those people but they are out there.

But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. Like....okay...you have to kill a bird with your bare hands and feed it to a old man who wants nothing more than to not eat the dead bird. Just leave him alone he might yell at you. You smile
09-09-2003, 02:08 AM   Reply With Quote
strain2000!
Never Heard The Spam Song

Send a message via AIM to strain2000!
Quote:
But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. Like....okay...you have to kill a bird with your bare hands and feed it to a old man who wants nothing more than to not eat the dead bird. Just leave him alone he might yell at you. You smile
exactly.
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM strain2000! is offline   Reply With Quote
SixStrangSmoker
Didn't Laugh Once During Royal Tenenbaums

Send a message via AIM to SixStrangSmoker
feeding old people dead birds is good. i been sayin it for months now, old people need the dead bird.
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM SixStrangSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
NoMoreOil!

I agree with what i said up top...granted that was before i registered but it really is beautiful.
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM NoMoreOil! is offline   Reply With Quote
Jeffem

I'm actually more interested in feeding old people to the hungry. If you want to help, jump up and turn around. I'd find that pretty damn funny.
09-19-2003, 05:27 PM Jeffem is offline   Reply With Quote
SixStrangSmoker

what if an old person is hungry though, does he eat himself?
09-19-2003, 06:53 PM SixStrangSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
GunsNJosh

Send a message via AIM to GunsNJosh
"But I was wondering if we could kinda figure out a set course of events or tasks that must be completed in order call yourself a fan. "

How about if you LIKE something then you are a fan of said something. ya dig?

stop being such a snob and get some pussy. I bet you have a darth vader blanket. =) just kidding best friend of mine (pussybitch) just kidding. Jewraper
09-21-2003, 05:42 AM GunsNJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
NoMoreOil!

I dont dig. Im not a fan of digging. However I do like digging.
09-22-2003, 04:06 PM NoMoreOil! is offline   Reply With Quote
Tsynr
Ali G's Half Brother

man this thread sort of dwindled off into nothing...

I don't normally get ill on the internet seeing as to how it's completely pointless, but just in everyday life, the people that argue that they are a bigger fan than the next guy is somewhat irritating. Here's the test, ready?

1) Do you enjoy watching Mr. Show?

a) yes
b) no

Now score yourself!!

for every question you answered yes to then you are a fan, congratulations!!

The same can be said about music fans that insist that simply because they heard of a band when they were "underground" or before they sold out by getting some radio play or any other absurb assumption about the band, that they are a true fan while you are a poser.
See, I think drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe me, do me a favour - go home tonight and take all your albums, tapes and CDs and burn em; cos you know the musicians who made all that great music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years?

Rrrrreal fucking high on drugs.

-Bill Hicks
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM Tsynr is offline   Reply With Quote
NoMoreOil!

You may not like things on as many levels as I do. Or you don't get it the way that I get it. There are people out there that search out good music and comedy, and pastries. And then there are people that only like things once it comes to them. So they are of the assumption that the only good music is the music on the radio or Mtv....and the only scetch comedy show ever was SNL. "Well if its so good,...uh....how come I've never heard of it"..... I mean Tenacious D is a prime shining example. I had the tapes of the 3 episodes. Showed my friends the tape. They didnt laugh once. Then proceded to use words like lame and "just okay"....and I was fine with that....because they "didnt get it".....well then uh-oh...a couple years later Tenacious D is on MTV and has a album in stores, and then I showed them again. They loved it this time. And I called them on it. Call me a comedy elitist, but i pointed out that they were fucking dumb...and that years before i showed them...they "didnt remember that"...I agree sometimes people can be to harsh. But, I'm right though. I'm very very right.
09-29-2003, 08:39 PM NoMoreOil! is offline   Reply With Quote
Tsynr
Ali G's Half Brother

I don't disagree. There are tapering levels of enjoyment people get from things, but to say someone is not a fan because they don't know Bob or David's birthday for example is a little silly. I know that sounds like a strech but this chick argued with me about what a "true" 311 fan should be for like 45 minutes before I just walked away.

Oh yeah, you're a comedy elitist.
See, I think drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe me, do me a favour - go home tonight and take all your albums, tapes and CDs and burn em; cos you know the musicians who made all that great music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years?

-Bill Hicks
09-29-2003, 08:43 PM Tsynr is offline   Reply With Quote
SixStrangSmoker

i'd do her
09-29-2003, 11:01 PM SixStrangSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Tsynr
Ali G's Half Brother

heh, you'd regret it.

-Bill Hicks
09-30-2003, 09:23 AM Tsynr is offline   Reply With Quote
SixStrangSmoker

i meant Mila Kunis...i'd do her
09-30-2003, 05:46 PM SixStrangSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
NoMoreOil!

P-Nut

(Aaron Charles Wills)